Tuesday, October 12, 2010

name dropping

2 weeks ago I was attending the Meet & Greet for this amazing event.  It was in a gorgeous location, not that I got to enjoy my surroundings too much.  I had higher priorities, like hanging out with




Stephanie Ackerman




I used to take classes from Stephanie at Timeless Treasures.  She told me about her blog & that opened up a whole new avenue to fun, creative, & fresh ideas.  I love reading her blog and can relate to so many of her stories.  It is always fun to see what her next crafty adventure will be.




Elizabeth Karchner




I have taken 1 other class with Elizabeth.  I love her style, so youthful & fun.




Janna Wilson




Janna always has a smile on her face & it is infectious!  I was amazed that she called me by name (I met her 2 years ago at IU).  I mean I know who she is, but I didn't expect her to remember me.





Layle Koncar




I met Layle the first year at IU.  I'm so glad she'll be back next year for some more IU fun!






Melody Ross




Melody is so cool!  She exudes confidence but immediately makes you feel at ease.  She was the keynote speaker and she had the entire ballroom captivated.  You know you have a way with words when prizes are scheduled to be given out after you, but all anybody wants is to hear your story.  So lucky I got to be there!





Teresa Collins




Teresa is the bestest hostess evah!!!  She makes each person feel welcome.  She totally spoiled us during the event.  It's no surprise that so many scrapbookers love Teresa Collins.  Her products are top notch and her designs are classic.  She shares her real life experiences, I love to listen to her stories while she teaches.

I can't find a picture of me & my posse with Janet Hopkins.  This was another amazing class.  We got to use the newest products from Pink Paislee, House of Three/Parisian Anthology & applied a whole bunch of techniques (misting, stamping, distressing, layering).  These papers are so luscious.  And when you apply a bit of color the effects are so rich.  Can't wait to finish this project!

I am truly blessed that I got to be a part of this experience.  Kudos to Teresa & Ginger for planning, preparing, organizing, & having the vision to put this event together.






No comments: